science, pfeffernüsse, moving
My last post was pretty short, huh? Oh, well, maybe I’ll make up for it here. And then maybe not. This is one of those things you write by ear, if you know what I mean. I did much of nothing special today. I had a piano lesson, picked up milk and eggs, did lots of science, and baked pfeffernüsse. Good ones this time. Ours always turn out hard. The science was actually Grade 9 stuff about the atmosphere, but Dr. Jay L. Wile is such a good teacher that I actually started over in Grade 8 science. He presents things from a totally different viewpoint than most science books, and besides writing it all in an extremely interesting manner, he also tells you all sorts of things other science teachers don’t tell you unless you go to university. So I felt it was worthwhile to start again. I believe there are 4 or 5 books, so we’ll see how far I get. I think I can finish them all. As I mentioned in the last ‘post,’ our internet hours are over for this month already. I don’t really know how that happened; it’s only the 12th. But it is the unhappy truth. We intend to switch over to another plan a.s.a.p. Ours only gives us 12 hours a month. Speaking of the 12th . . . I guess today is the anniversary of our arrival here in Alberta. We came from B.C. in a rather quick and hurried fashion in ’98. We were going to arrive on Saturday, but part way our trip my parents came down with the flu. So we stayed over night at my aunt and uncle’s, not too far from where we used to live, and went on the next day. We had to stay overnight in Whispering Pines Motel, wherever that is. I remember that it was a nice motel, though. We had the dogs on the back of the trailer in 2 doghouses, and I remember that Dad snuck the mother dog, who was really thirsty, into the motel and let her drink some water out of a glass. That was really funny. Good thing she has a long snout! :-) We left in the morning (I remember wondering if Dad had paid for the room on Sunday or not) and arrived at the Barendregt’s place here in Neerlandia just before church. So we went to church too that day. It was –40 Celsius, the coldest week of the winter, and some idiot had forgotten to turn on the heaters in our rented house. Oh, well, enough of my wanderings. If you ever want to hear the rest, write and ask. This did turn out to be a longish type of post, so maybe I should end here. I’m typing this offline, so as not the waste internet time, and eating an enormous mushroom. I love mushrooms!


2 Comments:
Wow, another mushroom eater! Far too many people don't like mushrooms.
i totally agree with both of you! more people should love mushrooms, and less people should believe the myths about CFCs.
Post a Comment
<< Home