Prayer Breakfast
This morning I got up at 4:15, was in Barrhead by 5:00, and went to the Premier's Prayer Breakfast in the Shaw Conference centre in Edmonton. It started at 7:30. I'll probably collapse in a bit, but right now I'm ok. Trying to download AOL Instant Messenger and making a hash of it, as usual. Or rather, this computer is making a hash of it.
The prayer breakfast was really nice. I'm so glad I went. Several different people prayed and there was some really good trumpet and piano music, and the Premier spoke (not about prayer, but then what can you expect). The main speaker was Reverend Don Sheimann, Peter Sheimann's Dad. Peter was one of the four RCMP officers mudered by a gunman in Mayerthorpe Alberta in March. Reverend Sheimann is a Lutheran pastor, and his talk was really good. I'm proud to say I didn't break down. Some of you know that I can't stay dry-eyed when emotional topics are broached, even if it's really really silly to cry :( But this time I did my best and didn't smudge the mascara :)
The Shaw Conference Centre is right downtown next to Canada Place. It's actually really close to where I have to go to take a piano theory exam on Saturday. That part of the city always scares me a bit, though, because we've gotten lost on the way several times now. There are two Grant McEwan College campuses there within a few blocks of each other, and the right one is over a one-way bridge, almost all the way up a wierd little hill, and then siddenly to the left. It's hard to be able to turn in the right place, and if you don't you have to go all the way around becuase of the one-way bridge. *Bleh* Maybe we won't get lost this year *crosses fingers madly* Probably a vain hope :(
My AOL is almost done it looks like. My new username is albertawildrose7. I hate finding new usernames. It's seriously difficult and gets harder and harder as time goes on. Too many people have all the same ideas I have. This time I think I tried 11 different ones. So be happy. Please! :)
It felt weird going through Spruce Grove at 11:00 this morning. I don't remember going through and not visiting the girls yet. I don't think I have. And I could see Laura's college and Alison's work from the road, and I couldn't visit. :( Maybe this weekend girls. I'm going to be phoning about that. Tonight maybe (if I can stay awake long enough)
Maybe I should just post this and then make a different one for collocation. This is getting long.
TTYL
The prayer breakfast was really nice. I'm so glad I went. Several different people prayed and there was some really good trumpet and piano music, and the Premier spoke (not about prayer, but then what can you expect). The main speaker was Reverend Don Sheimann, Peter Sheimann's Dad. Peter was one of the four RCMP officers mudered by a gunman in Mayerthorpe Alberta in March. Reverend Sheimann is a Lutheran pastor, and his talk was really good. I'm proud to say I didn't break down. Some of you know that I can't stay dry-eyed when emotional topics are broached, even if it's really really silly to cry :( But this time I did my best and didn't smudge the mascara :)
The Shaw Conference Centre is right downtown next to Canada Place. It's actually really close to where I have to go to take a piano theory exam on Saturday. That part of the city always scares me a bit, though, because we've gotten lost on the way several times now. There are two Grant McEwan College campuses there within a few blocks of each other, and the right one is over a one-way bridge, almost all the way up a wierd little hill, and then siddenly to the left. It's hard to be able to turn in the right place, and if you don't you have to go all the way around becuase of the one-way bridge. *Bleh* Maybe we won't get lost this year *crosses fingers madly* Probably a vain hope :(
My AOL is almost done it looks like. My new username is albertawildrose7. I hate finding new usernames. It's seriously difficult and gets harder and harder as time goes on. Too many people have all the same ideas I have. This time I think I tried 11 different ones. So be happy. Please! :)
It felt weird going through Spruce Grove at 11:00 this morning. I don't remember going through and not visiting the girls yet. I don't think I have. And I could see Laura's college and Alison's work from the road, and I couldn't visit. :( Maybe this weekend girls. I'm going to be phoning about that. Tonight maybe (if I can stay awake long enough)
Maybe I should just post this and then make a different one for collocation. This is getting long.
TTYL


1 Comments:
so we're both alberta roses? ;-) i'm an alberta rose bud and you're an alberta wild rose? *chuckles*
Post a Comment
<< Home