Saturday, May 14, 2005

Praying with Fire?

This was in a book called ‘Praying with Fire’ that I sae somewhere (No, I’m not weird enough to own a book like this. Not nearly). I forget who the author is, but I can hardly believe that anyone is credulous enough to believe this would actually work.

‘Today, I speak to that mountain of debt and the spirit of poverty and lack. I command you to loose my life and my finances now, in the Name of Jesus. I am not under the curse of poverty. I have abundance and no lack in the Name of Jesus. I release the debt removing anointing against all debt, now. By faith, I believe that the yoke destroying, burden removing anointing removes every yoke and burden of debt, poverty, and lack from me now, in the Name of Jesus. I confess by faith that I am debt and lack free today in the Name of Jesus. I am receiving unexpected income now. The favour of the Lord is upon me and is arranging things I haven't prayed or asked for now. I am debt free! I am lack free! Hallelujah!
I confess that You, Lord, are doing exceedingly abundantly over and above anything I could ask or think in the Name of Jesus. I ask for the angels to go forth and hearken to do the voice of God's Word and bring my harvest of finances now, in the Name of Jesus. Prosperity, come to me now! Prosperity, come to me now!
I pray in the Spirit and release the mysteries, plans, purposes and secrets of God over my finances. I believe I recieve Your wisdom and strategies now in the Name of Jesus! (Pray in tongues until you have the release of peace, joy, or victory.)’


How can anyone believe this? I’d think that if you tried it you’d find out pretty quick that it doesn’t work at all. I mean, who is odd enough to think that by just saying so, all your debts will go away and you will be prosperous? It must be a huge disappointment to go look at your bank balance after that. If you thought it hadn’t worked because you didn’t have enough faith, it would be even worse, and less biblical than ever. This is so sad. I wonder how many Christians believe that it works. And if you think this one’s bad, you should see the one praying for children. That one made me feel like crying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like affirmations... it's a thing that successful pagans practice. Basically they write something down like a hundred times a day and it's supposed to come true eventually. I don't believe it's wrong to pray for things like debt problems or whatever, and to be specific when you do, but what you're talking about sounds like a bossy, unfaithful and lazy attempt to control God. :-)

Where'd you get the book anyway?

14/5/05 1:34 a.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

hehe. like i'd tell. actually, it belongs to a person i know who goes to victory church on the rock. it' snot mine and i'm glad :)

16/5/05 6:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template