I guess now would be a good time to post about the wedding, huh. Before the next one comes along or I don't remember anymore. Although that is very unlikely to happen. It was one of the most memorable days ever.
I headed out to Edmonton area on Friday with Amy, to go to the rehersal. It was a fun evening; we all had a great dinner of pizza and fruit and veggies, and chatted and just spent some good fun time together. The rehersal itself was fun to watch, and it was good to have time to talk to friends and take pictures and laugh.
Afterward, the guys went out together for one 'last' evening, although I can guarantee that isn't going to be their last guy's night out, and Alison, Fiona, Laura, Amy, and I headed off to get some icecream and then went quietly home and watched 'Hoodwinked' and relaxed. We laughed together and enjoyed the cartoon, and we were glad that it was not too long, so we could get some sleep before the wedding.
In the morning Laura headed off early to the salon with Alison and Fiona, and Amy and I went shopping for a while with Alyson, and then they decided to do my hair. They did a good job, too.
I got lost on the way to church, so we did the family pics after the ceremony, but that turned out okay too.
There were a lot of our best friends at the wedding and it was really nice to see everyone from all different places who know and love Steve and Alison. And I loved playing the piano for them, and really it was nice to have something to do so I wouldn't have time to think.
My brother looked so happy, just like when we were little kids, and I made me cry. But I had my back to the people, so no one saw. :-) It was a lovely wedding, and the quartet playing the wedding march made it really special. And then suddenly, it was over and everyone was standing around and talking and laughing and eating the delicious food.
After cleaning everything up, we went with just the families and a few friends to the Mayfild Inn for dinner. It was nice to relax again and spend some quiet time with Steve and Alison before they left.
After dinner, they opened the presents, which we got some funny pictures of, and then left for 2 1/2 weeks of holidays who knows where. :-)
And we drove home in an adventurous way in the pouring rain, one car that didn't know the way home driving behind another car that didn't have working windshield wipers. It was fun.
I wish God's richest blessings on my brother Steven and my newest sister Alison, and I hope that their life together will be a long and happy one, and that they may work through any difficulties and struggles together, and share their joys and their sorrows because of God's love for them.
I headed out to Edmonton area on Friday with Amy, to go to the rehersal. It was a fun evening; we all had a great dinner of pizza and fruit and veggies, and chatted and just spent some good fun time together. The rehersal itself was fun to watch, and it was good to have time to talk to friends and take pictures and laugh.
Afterward, the guys went out together for one 'last' evening, although I can guarantee that isn't going to be their last guy's night out, and Alison, Fiona, Laura, Amy, and I headed off to get some icecream and then went quietly home and watched 'Hoodwinked' and relaxed. We laughed together and enjoyed the cartoon, and we were glad that it was not too long, so we could get some sleep before the wedding.
In the morning Laura headed off early to the salon with Alison and Fiona, and Amy and I went shopping for a while with Alyson, and then they decided to do my hair. They did a good job, too.
I got lost on the way to church, so we did the family pics after the ceremony, but that turned out okay too.
There were a lot of our best friends at the wedding and it was really nice to see everyone from all different places who know and love Steve and Alison. And I loved playing the piano for them, and really it was nice to have something to do so I wouldn't have time to think.
My brother looked so happy, just like when we were little kids, and I made me cry. But I had my back to the people, so no one saw. :-) It was a lovely wedding, and the quartet playing the wedding march made it really special. And then suddenly, it was over and everyone was standing around and talking and laughing and eating the delicious food.
After cleaning everything up, we went with just the families and a few friends to the Mayfild Inn for dinner. It was nice to relax again and spend some quiet time with Steve and Alison before they left.
After dinner, they opened the presents, which we got some funny pictures of, and then left for 2 1/2 weeks of holidays who knows where. :-)
And we drove home in an adventurous way in the pouring rain, one car that didn't know the way home driving behind another car that didn't have working windshield wipers. It was fun.
I wish God's richest blessings on my brother Steven and my newest sister Alison, and I hope that their life together will be a long and happy one, and that they may work through any difficulties and struggles together, and share their joys and their sorrows because of God's love for them.


1 Comments:
awww thanks emily!!! that is a well-written post. Very special. I think I shall print it. ;-)
(L)
Post a Comment
<< Home