Tuesday, November 22, 2005

my FAAAAVOURITE poem

" 'Tis the voice of the Lobster; I heard him declare,
"You have baked me too brown, I must sugar my hair."
As a duck with its eyelids, so he with his nose
Trims his belt and his buttons, and turns out his toes."

"When the sands are all dry, he is gay as a lark,
And will talk in contemptuous tones of the Shark,
But, when the tide rises and sharks are around,
His voice has a timid and tremulous sound."

*big grin*

4 Comments:

Blogger Isaiah Eyre said...

You're silly. :-P

Now I must be so ignorant as to ask - what is that from?

23/11/05 4:13 a.m.  
Blogger lilshortbread said...

LMHO!!!

yes that is a good one. X-D

hey zaya, it's a poem by Lewis Carroll... what a great writer.... :-D

23/11/05 9:05 a.m.  
Blogger Isaiah Eyre said...

Ah, I figured as much... it sounded like something from Alice in Wonderland or Jabberwocky or something, so that makes sense. :-P

23/11/05 1:01 p.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

thanks alison. :-D

23/11/05 9:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template