Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I'm so happy!

This afternoon I got the phone call I had hardly hoped for. Finally. Kyetech Canada offered me a job as a call centre agent/dipatcher. So if you phone 9-1-1 around here, I just might be the one who picks up the phone and sends you the ambulance, firetruck, or whatever you need. I might pick up when someone phones the towing company after hours. They also keep track of solitary oilfield workers way up north, making sure they're safe and that if there is a problem, the oil company can start looking for the worker right away instead of waiting until they're half frozen.
I need to take First Aid and CPR, and then a company course which teaches you how to deal with people under stress and in dangerous circumstances, or people who need advice on what to do while waiting for the ambulance, etc. I also need an RCMP report. :D
After they called, I totally freaked for a minute. I'm glad no one else was in the store to see me grinning and jumping up and down. LOL.
Mum and the girls made oven-baked vegetables for supper, which is one of my favourite foods, and Dad's computer chair smells like gas, so I'll make this the end of my post and go study my stupid Elections Canada manuals. I need to get my return all sorted out and ready for the auditors. EC wastes a lot of paper, I find. I wouldn't be surprised if they use more than any other organization in the whole of the country.

3 Comments:

Blogger Isaiah Eyre said...

Hooray! I hope that works out well for you - sounds like a potentially stressful but rewarding job. Wish I'd been there to see the jumping and grinning. :-P

24/1/06 6:27 p.m.  
Blogger CraftyHourMom said...

If you need help filling out any of the return forms, ask Mr. Strydhorst for his copy of his return that I did for him in 2004. That might help a bit.

25/1/06 8:16 a.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

yeah, thanks. :)

25/1/06 5:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template