Why I haven't been posting and other Misc. Stuff
I miss blogging. And picking up my mail in peace and comfort at home. For the last 4 or 5 days, I've been coming to the library to do it, where hordes of children stare hostilely over my shoulder, wishing I would just go home and let them use the computer. No chance. :D
Our satellite has malfunctioned for some reason, and no amount of calling to the suppliers has helped. They say they would need to come and look. Prolly true. Only that doesn't help. I do not feel terribly comfortable with getting the guy to come and fix it while Dad and Mum aren't home and haven't said that was okay. And we don't seem to be able to contact them. Not yet, anyway. We hope maybe this afternoon they'll call, since Jessica's in the midst of making the church bulletin right now and relies on emailing to get the announcements. *sigh* Life is weird at times.
Misc. things:
I can never back up straight out of the driveway in the van. You should see the tracks I've made in the past week. It's pretty funny looking.
We went out for supper to families in our church this week twice, and once we had a meal someone gave us. Saves Jessica a lot of work. I'm happy that they thought of us.
I finished my part of the thank you cards for the people who donated money and time to our CHP campaign last night. I brought them over to John, and he and his wife and brother wrote in them all. I also included duplicate receipts for each contribution. I'm glad that job is over.
Then I went home and called a good friend and cheered up. :) I love phoning.
I have to go back to work and make sure I've paid all the bills and total our contributions for the campaign so far. And make sure everyone got receipts and that I have not much to wrap up after the election, since I think I only get a week or so, and I have to bring the stuff to the auditor near the city. Sometimes I wonder why I said yes. *grin* And then I don't.
At least my Esther is feeling a bit better. I was worried about her last night, since she had a fever, and the night before I 'slept' on the chouch with her because she was pretty sick. It was more like a bunch of cat-naps. I'm so tired.
Anyway I think this is quite long enough for a post, even for someone who hasn't posted in a long time, and it might take a while for ya'll to read and maybe you won't understand it when you read it. I don't know. :-D Pip pip.
Our satellite has malfunctioned for some reason, and no amount of calling to the suppliers has helped. They say they would need to come and look. Prolly true. Only that doesn't help. I do not feel terribly comfortable with getting the guy to come and fix it while Dad and Mum aren't home and haven't said that was okay. And we don't seem to be able to contact them. Not yet, anyway. We hope maybe this afternoon they'll call, since Jessica's in the midst of making the church bulletin right now and relies on emailing to get the announcements. *sigh* Life is weird at times.
Misc. things:
I can never back up straight out of the driveway in the van. You should see the tracks I've made in the past week. It's pretty funny looking.
We went out for supper to families in our church this week twice, and once we had a meal someone gave us. Saves Jessica a lot of work. I'm happy that they thought of us.
I finished my part of the thank you cards for the people who donated money and time to our CHP campaign last night. I brought them over to John, and he and his wife and brother wrote in them all. I also included duplicate receipts for each contribution. I'm glad that job is over.
Then I went home and called a good friend and cheered up. :) I love phoning.
I have to go back to work and make sure I've paid all the bills and total our contributions for the campaign so far. And make sure everyone got receipts and that I have not much to wrap up after the election, since I think I only get a week or so, and I have to bring the stuff to the auditor near the city. Sometimes I wonder why I said yes. *grin* And then I don't.
At least my Esther is feeling a bit better. I was worried about her last night, since she had a fever, and the night before I 'slept' on the chouch with her because she was pretty sick. It was more like a bunch of cat-naps. I'm so tired.
Anyway I think this is quite long enough for a post, even for someone who hasn't posted in a long time, and it might take a while for ya'll to read and maybe you won't understand it when you read it. I don't know. :-D Pip pip.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home