Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Springtime in Alberta

It was winter last Wednesday. I distinctly remember coming home from drawing lessons and taking the LED lights out of the tree in the front year. I couldn't get the extension cord because it was under about 8 or 9 inches of snow. Now the snow is totally gone. Mum just looked out the window on the shady side of the house and it's +17 out there. Prolly more like +20-22 on the sunny side. I love how weird things are here. It's good fun.
LOL. Just figured out last night that I have no clue who my tutor at Athabasca U is. I never needed any help before yesterday, so I never tried to find out. Oops. Also found out that I'm going to have to do the course in 8 months instead of 6. Mostly because my job doesn't allow for much time to do it, and also because at first I was so tired all the time I didn't do any accounting for a while. But tiredness is a thing of the past (unless I'm diong night shift) and so things should smarten up here.
Having fun thinking about and plannig for some thpecial thtuff that's happening this summer, including two sibling's weddings, and a very good friend moving up here. Should be a good summer. Busy though, with my weird schedule and all.
I'm also having difficulties with my work scheduling. I was scheduled to be on 4 out of 5 Sundays this month, and the last Sunday of last month. I did work two in a row, and now I managed to exchange this next one with someone else. They tell me that the new rookie doesn't mind taking the rest of my Sundays for the month, starting on the 16th. This had better be true. I really love my job, but that was going a bit too far. There is no way I was going to miss going up to God's house with the people for a whole month. It's funny how I always took it for granted before. No more.
Have to get back to my accounting problems. I'm doing what they call labs. They make up 15% of my total mark, and I have to get at least 80% on all of them. You can do them as many times as you want, though, so I fail to see why anyone would leave it at 80% and go on. I've done them all until I've gotten 100% on each one so far. They make it easy to get good marks that way. You can't do quizzes or anything more than once though. Just labs. And we have the coolest internet program to do them in. :-)
Also thinking about sewing something new for Alison's wedding. That should be fun. It's been awhile since I sewed something. And besides, new clothes are good for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Isaiah Eyre said...

Glad to see another post. :-) I'm still praying for your work deal - I'm sure things will be worked out soon enough. :-)

5/4/06 4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template