Vaccinating
The Capezza's were posting a bit ago about vaccinating/not vaccinating. Just thought I would add this bit to the dicussion. Besides that chart, we knew people who had a daughter who became sterile after having a vaccine. Not something I'm comfortable with.


2 Comments:
Interesting.. I myself am an advocate of MOST vaccinations, however I do not discount the idea of researching about Human cells being used.. Clearly, that is bad. Further research and looking up shows the following interesting URL's
Wikkipedia Article
Letter and Response from the Vatican cogforlife.org
That said, this presents interesting ethical issues. While the two major strains of fetal tissue still exist from the 60's and 70's, primarily from two aborted babies, what does one do?
I do wonder out loud what would have happened if Christians had known this fact during the smallpox epidemic itself?
I also wonder out loud about the current outbreak of Mumps in the U.S., so much so that the Canadian Government has issued travel advisories to certain states?
It is hard to say sometimes with vaccinations, there are horror stories on either side of picture. I know someone who almost died from Chicken pox.... Risk calculation...
The drugs I take have a wide variety of scary possible side effects... Hallucinations, depression, dizziness, death, anxiety, psycosis (the list goes on)
Aspirin, or Acetaminophen have "unknown" effects, and side effects including death!
I am hard pressed to find a drug that is "safe" at all! (re: 2005 Nursing Drug handbook)
The sucess rate of placebo's is however interesting.. :-)
My opinion? When and if Laura and I are blessed with kids, research will be done, no doubt about it. Alternatives may be sought.. But at this point, I still support vaccinations. Selectively. Carefully. Prayerfully.
Just my 2 cents..
-Henners
whoops.. to correct my out loud thought.. I meant Rubella, not smallpox.. Silly henry.
-0)
Post a Comment
<< Home