Friday, April 22, 2005

Fiddler on the Roof

Last night I went for dinner with the people from work, since it was Dallas’ 18th birthday yesterday. Their pastors were there too. After dinner we all went to a live theatre production of Fiddler on the Roof. It was really nice. The actors did a good job on the whole, especially considering this was the opening night. I hadn’t seen live theatre for a long time, and it was done in the theatre where we had the largest play I’ve ever been. I think I want to go again. They’re playing this weekend and next weekend, so I’ll probably end up taking Julie and Jessica next week Friday or Saturday, if we go. Is anyone else interested? :)
A funny thing happened when I was coming out though. All the actors were standing outside the theatre doors, and people were talking and giving flowers and stuff. And I looked around and didn’t know any of them except by name. I was going to go on by, and all of a sudden a man with a huge black beard obscuring most of his face put out his hand. So we shook hands, and I guess I must have looked pretty blank. I had no idea who this was. And the weirdest part was, I didn’t recognize his voice, even though I talk to him fairly regularly. It was my friend Adam Crabbe. I was pretty embarrassed, let me tell you! I still can’t believe I didn’t know who it was! When I see him again we’ll probably laugh about it, but I turned all red last night.
I got home quite late, and had a headache this morning, but I’m not sorry I went. It was cool. Maybe I should audition next year! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template