Wednesday, April 20, 2005

frog sorts of noises

Yesterday I babysat 5 kids from 4:30 to 12:00. That was fun! I played croquet with them, which I had never done before, and I made Nasi for supper. Mmmm! I saw The Incredibles up to the spot where Syndrome has the Incredibles caught and is showing them all the mess his bomb-type-thingy has made in whatever city that was (New York?). I don't know if that's halfway, most of the way, or hardly begun, because I didn't check the box. But I liked it so far, especially Elastagirl.
And when I got home at a quarter to one, I heard the frogs making that wonderful frog kind of noise, and there was a halo around the moon. So I stayed awake for a bit and wrote this on a piece of scrap paper. On the other side of the page is a letter about the Youth Retreat I'm going to in a couple of weeks, but I don't mind scribbling over it, since the letter tells the girls to bring swimming trunks too. Weird.
And then I thought of my long day today, and how I needed to leave for piano lessons at 8:45, and decided maybe it was time for bed. And fell asleep, probably dreaming of cartoons with red superperson suits.

5 Comments:

Blogger CraftyHourMom said...

wow emily sounds like fun.
so you're going to the youth retreat? what about julie? maybe i'll see if maybe i can cook something up so i can too.

21/4/05 2:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At my family's house, you can hear the frogs 'sing' in the spring & summer. There are hundreds of them down in the swamp and you can hear them from about a mile away. It's a pleasant sound.

22/4/05 1:39 a.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

No, Julie is not going to the YR. It costs $40 more for late registrations, so she would have to pay too much. She already wants to go to the Trinity Festival with me. The price for you now would be $175. But it would be nice if you could come.

22/4/05 1:17 p.m.  
Blogger lilshortbread said...

no fair! julie never gets to go to youth retreats! :-(

22/4/05 4:25 p.m.  
Blogger Emily said...

I no. But she knew about it before the deadline. So maybe she can go next year. But I will take her to GP one of these days, I think. Si she's not totally deprived :)

22/4/05 7:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template