I'm living in a photographer's dream world
It's fall. And such a fall. The light shines in strange and awesome ways on the yellow leaves and the ripe grain. The sunsets and sunrises seem more beautiful than they were in the summer. It never ceases to amaze me that God invents new ones every day. And never at all alike. The tall grass along the roadsides in turning orange and red and brown.
I walked over yellow and brown leaves on my way to the shop this morning. Yellow you would find unnatural unless you saw it yourself. So many leaves I could almost not play my usual game of stepping on every crack. I usually step on them with my right foot, but this morning I switched and used my left. If something bad happens, it might as well happen to both feet. But this morning, the leaves covered so much of the sidewalk, it was hard to see the cracks.
My friend's truck in the street outside is dark teal and covered with flourescent leaves. It gives an interesting effect. I like the way it looks on the dark blue Escort outside better, but that never lasts long, since Annette drives home every night.
There are some drawbacks, though, to living in a picture-perfect world. One is that I'm going to have to find some finger mitts for my morning bike ride. Another is that soon our garden will be looking brown and ugly again. It's only nice for a while in fall.
But on the whole, fall is my favourite time of year. My birthday comes in fall, and I love the smells of dying leaves, of fresh corn-on-the-cob, and of apples.
Fall is the time of fulfillment in the year. Everything that has been looked forward to comes about, and then things fall silent again after their joyous colourful time and sleep through the winter, to wake again in the spring, when they are born again.
I love fall.
I walked over yellow and brown leaves on my way to the shop this morning. Yellow you would find unnatural unless you saw it yourself. So many leaves I could almost not play my usual game of stepping on every crack. I usually step on them with my right foot, but this morning I switched and used my left. If something bad happens, it might as well happen to both feet. But this morning, the leaves covered so much of the sidewalk, it was hard to see the cracks.
My friend's truck in the street outside is dark teal and covered with flourescent leaves. It gives an interesting effect. I like the way it looks on the dark blue Escort outside better, but that never lasts long, since Annette drives home every night.
There are some drawbacks, though, to living in a picture-perfect world. One is that I'm going to have to find some finger mitts for my morning bike ride. Another is that soon our garden will be looking brown and ugly again. It's only nice for a while in fall.
But on the whole, fall is my favourite time of year. My birthday comes in fall, and I love the smells of dying leaves, of fresh corn-on-the-cob, and of apples.
Fall is the time of fulfillment in the year. Everything that has been looked forward to comes about, and then things fall silent again after their joyous colourful time and sleep through the winter, to wake again in the spring, when they are born again.
I love fall.


1 Comments:
Lovely post.. are you just trying to make me jealous? :-P Looks like you guys got hit early because Autumn doesn't officially begin until the 22nd. Fall is my favorite season.
Post a Comment
<< Home