Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stuff. And Things

We've been fooling around with sewing projects of different kinds here today. Started my wardrobe again from the bottom up, and it's mostly green and creamy or beige so far. I've fished a couple of things out of my closet to 're-vamp' as Mum says, although I hate that word. Sewing is fun when things work the way they should. And we have two issues of Threads which have all kinds of fantastic ideas for doing the little fun decorative things that clothes have now. :-) Good times at our house right now.
Also finally got around to figuring out my PayPal account. Now I can pay for stuff online if I really want to. The first thing I bought was a membership to VirtualSheetMusic.com, and now I can get all kinds of good stuff free and as many copies as I like for a year. I love the thought. Music is so expensive. And I get bored with mine way too quickly.
I planted the gladiolus bulbs today. Some had already sprouted. They're really big and colourful this year. They're yellow and brown and purple and red. According to everything we've read, they should be flowering really nicely by September 1st. :-) I can't wait. This is the first time we've done them that I remember. I got a bit carried away while picking the colours and got over 70 bulbs. hehehehehe. I'm not planning to be sorry.
Had to get a new watch the other day; my $10 one that I got at the airport in Toronto on the way to Ontario last year finally died. I was amazed at how long it lasted. The new one is taking some getting used to, because it has Roman numerals.
And I have a really tight back and neck from bending over plants and patterns and picking out stitches in something I'm re-doing. But I did 150 jumps on the tramp this afternoon, so I should be fine. :-) I love jumping while it's windy, only my ponytails flew all around. Silly hair.
So I will go off to finish fixing last years linen capris, and then to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template