Alberta by night
I see a lot of Alberta in the dark right now, because the days are so short and also because my usual time for actually coming home for the night is about 11:30 - 12:00 right now. I love seeing how beautiful the scenery can be in the dark, although it's more spectacular during the morning and evening. As I drove home the other night I saw and remembered for you an oddly beautiful thing: A dark navy blue sky, like a huge bowl, stretching as far as you can see, and the darker blue humps of the tree lines breaking up the endless flatness and giving a hilly feel to my view. And, visible for miles around, a lighted oil rig, looking like a beacon guiding me home. It's really a different thing by night than the same rig I pass half a mile from my house every morning. That is a tall and slightly unsightly steel contraption, but what I see at night is very different. What I see at night gives me the wonderful feeling that fairy tales just might be true. Until I come closer.


1 Comments:
Lately the moon has been so bright at night that I can turn off my headlights as I'm driving home and I can still see surprisingly well. I always turn them back on, though. :-P
Post a Comment
<< Home