Thursday, September 07, 2006

I guess it's time to post already, hmmm? Well, here's my two bits about the wedding.

It was fun being maid of honour, although my job made it hard. I did have a week off around the wedding, which was totally fantastic and really helped. We had a great uncle and aunt and our friend Isaiah staying here for a week too.
Thursday night rehersal was fun. It was great to spend an evening (sort of) quietly with just friends and family. The wedding itself was really busy for a couple of hours in the morning getting everything and everyone ready, but after that part was over we kind of relaxed. The ceremony, I've been told by half the people who went, was one of the prettiest they'd been to this year, and I only cried a teensy bit while they did the vows. The reception was fun, and I've never sat at the head table and been able to see the whole room before. There's something really special about looking around and seeing only friends and all my friends. Of course there were some people I didn't know, but I knew they were L&H's friends. :) I also found that I am capable of doing silly balloon skits in front of everyone without being totally embarrassed, and that's it's best to give a really short toast. Pictures were fun too. Henry & Laura and Mr. Bosch & I had golf carts to get around on the golf course and they were really fun. I did get a really bad cold, which is still around, from standing in a sleeveless dress outside, but it was totally fun at the time. And the pictures should be really nice.
Anyhow, I guess I'll end this post by putting up a picture and by thanking Amy, Bethany, & Fiona for helping out with the decorating of people before the wedding so willingly, and by giving Laura the end of my toast, the part I couldn't say.
To Laura, my sister, my friend. May your home be filled with blessings, may your husband always love you more than he does today, and may you be ever under God's sheltering Hand.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

What an amazing day it was.

7/9/06 9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Isaiah Eyre said...

:-) It was a great time, wasn't it? Also, for the record: Emily may have only cried a teensy bit during the vows, but she cried more during her toast also. ;-P no, I'm not trying to be nasty... and I don't think anyone cried as much as I did on Wednesday morning, so it's not like I'm one to judge. :-|

7/9/06 9:20 p.m.  
Blogger Alyson Sunny said...

I cried the whole time. So maybe I win... Bwah ha ha ha. Oh well. giggle

10/9/06 8:00 a.m.  
Blogger CraftyHourMom said...

Thank you, Emily. You did good on your toast. I liked it. I especially liked the "Hot Trio" bit. That was great. :-p

12/9/06 3:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Use this to hide the profile in the new template