Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
Just maybe not when I'm at work. We only have about a foot, maybe a little more, but we had about 25 towing calls today (we answer for the towing company). I felt really sorry for the guys out today. Surprisingly, though most people seemed to have forgotten how to drive in winter, we didn't have any accidents that had to be dealt with. I was happy about that.
I sent my supervisor an email a couple of weeks ago, letting her know that I plan to work part-time there and get another part-time job, and that seems to be fine with them, so I'm happy. I haven't found something yet, but I'm sure I can, and they want me to stay full-time for a couple of weeks yet while we get the new ops trained.
I'm happy with this, because I can dictate my hours to some extent this way, and also because I'd like to have some normal days again. And everyone I know in the emergency industry (that's not the greatest name) are workaholics, and I don't really want to be like that. Although it really wouldn't be hard at all for me.
I've been looking into doing an EMR course next, so I actually know what I'm doing while taking calls, and so that I might actually be helpful on ride-alongs with Westlock Ambulance. I went by the hall tonight and the guys gave me some suggestions about it. They're nice and thought it was a great idea. Not so that I can drive their ambulances though. I don't think that would be allowed. *churckles* I don't think they'd even let me near the things if they weren't around. :)
Anyway, I guess I have a bunch of stuff to do yet tonight, so I'll have to go.
I sent my supervisor an email a couple of weeks ago, letting her know that I plan to work part-time there and get another part-time job, and that seems to be fine with them, so I'm happy. I haven't found something yet, but I'm sure I can, and they want me to stay full-time for a couple of weeks yet while we get the new ops trained.
I'm happy with this, because I can dictate my hours to some extent this way, and also because I'd like to have some normal days again. And everyone I know in the emergency industry (that's not the greatest name) are workaholics, and I don't really want to be like that. Although it really wouldn't be hard at all for me.
I've been looking into doing an EMR course next, so I actually know what I'm doing while taking calls, and so that I might actually be helpful on ride-alongs with Westlock Ambulance. I went by the hall tonight and the guys gave me some suggestions about it. They're nice and thought it was a great idea. Not so that I can drive their ambulances though. I don't think that would be allowed. *churckles* I don't think they'd even let me near the things if they weren't around. :)
Anyway, I guess I have a bunch of stuff to do yet tonight, so I'll have to go.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home